Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm a LIAR!?



Is there anything worse than being wrongfully accused!? Yesterday, I was supposed to hand in a short paper in class. It's a huge lecture room. I was ready to hand in my response, waiting for the professor to collect it. If there's one thing I truly hate, it's handing in work late when you FINISHED ON TIME. It sucks so bad!

Anyway, people were just randomnly circulating their sheets and I didn't even know where the hell the pile went. The professor said to hand it in at the back of the room. Later, when lecture ended, I went on a break like everyone else (we get a 10 minute break before tutorial begins). It didn't cross my mind to leave my paper at the back then, and I figured I'd drop it after tutorial ends. Fast forward to tutorial, professor's gone (She stays for lectures only since tutorials are just movie screenings) AND so is the pile!!! FML. I emailed the prof...and??

 She doesn't believe me. She thinks I just did my work late and lied to her, and that I should have fully known where the stupid pile was. GREAT! Now I'm a liar!? If there's one thing about me, it's that I always try to be honest. I HATE being called a liar.

Next time, I'll just directly hand the paper to the professor the moment I see her. I don't care if she's not collecting it yet. I'll just give it to her and run, end of story.

15 comments:

  1. Happens a lot to me. People judge and assume all the time it sucks. Pisses me off. Especially hard in school when teachers are all assholes. Excuse my french.

    Ive had my fair share of bull like this. I feel you.

    Being called liar when your not sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, sadly they do! What ever happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt?

      Delete
  2. ahh.. I've experienced this before, instead of homework it was an Assessment task, and that day i woke up late when i got to school the teacher left with the pile of sheets.. When i caught up he said your late 10marks off..... Then i tried explaining the situation and he said no need to lie anymore??... .-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that bites! I hate how some profs just assume students lie all the time :\

      Delete
  3. Well reaction of the professor was not totally wrong if seen from her eyes..and you were also not lying so it was just an accident do take care hope it does not happen again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea I know, I wasn't exactly mad at the prof. I was just disappointed more or less lol.

      Delete
  4. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. My professor always assigned homework and only took it up a few times a semester. I guess I didn't hear him say hand it in and left the class without handing it in. That was a nice zero! I still passed college so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I pass with a decent grade, that's all that matters :D thanks!

      Delete
  5. Everyone is a liar. Remember that :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has happened with me so I can totally relate to this . Just a human nature.Anyway .Loved the way you write.

    Following you ;).
    Care to follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not a liar! The only thing you should know that truth is on YOUR side! Don't blame yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was awful...all I can say is I've been there...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Comments are always appreciated! :)