Monday, January 16, 2012

Must watch video! 'Miss Representation'

If you've never watched the documentary or the trailer for Miss Representation, you MUST! It's highly thought-provoking and relatively short, I promise! 

WARNING: It has some sexually explicit images so it's not for children! (Still, it's not that kind of video, it's more of a critique!)


Watching this, even for the second time (previously watched it for another class), I felt emotional and even angry in class today. This video sums up one of the reasons I loathe the media sometimes. And ironically, one of the reasons I want to be involved in the media at the same time; to change it.

7 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing video. I am glad you shared it.it actually made me feel really angry too, men are so stupid. They need to calm down their egos and respect women. I hope you get into the media world and change things around. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice that blog
    http://velvetcocain.blogspot.com/
    have a look at ours, xx hugo&anto

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thanks for share this video. It's so inspirational and yeah I feel really angry too!! We need a change, good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this really is a MUST watch video, Good Luck Changing things around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really need ppl who think like you in today's media...thanks for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Comments are always appreciated! :)